- Usb does not work on the android phone. How to connect a USB flash drive to your phone or tablet - All ways Not all users know that you can connect a regular USB flash drive to your smartphone on Android OS. Moreover, this function may not be useful for owners of top-end smartphones, but for those who have a budget device there are a lot of different benefits. For example, if you have little internal memory, then you can connect a USB flash drive and watch movies or listen to music from it. Or you need to transfer any important information to your device from your USB drive, but there is no PC at hand. In general, there are a lot of applications for this useful "chip" and we certainly will not consider everything. We are more interested in how to connect a USB-drive to your gadget. We check support for OTG protocol
- USB OTG cable
- USB OTG drive
- Does the gadget support USB?
- How and why to connect a USB-stick to the Android phone?
- What you need to connect a flash drive?
- How to connect a flash drive to a smartphone that does not support such features?
Usb does not work on the android phone. How to connect a USB flash drive to your phone or tablet - All ways
Not all users know that you can connect a regular USB flash drive to your smartphone on Android OS. Moreover, this function may not be useful for owners of top-end smartphones, but for those who have a budget device there are a lot of different benefits.
For example, if you have little internal memory, then you can connect a USB flash drive and watch movies or listen to music from it. Or you need to transfer any important information to your device from your USB drive, but there is no PC at hand.
In general, there are a lot of applications for this useful "chip" and we certainly will not consider everything. We are more interested in how to connect a USB-drive to your gadget.
We check support for OTG protocol
OTG protocol is a technology with which you can connect not only a USB flash drive to a smartphone on an android, but also any other peripheral device - a mouse, printer, video camera, etc. More on this.
To check if your gadget supports this technology, use the USB OTG Checker application that you can download,.
USB OTG cable
This cable is an "adapter" at one end, which is a standard mini USB connector for connecting a smartphone, and at the other end normal USB port for connecting flash drives. Just connect both devices with this cable and nothing else needs to be done.
USB OTG drive
Even easier, if you pre-purchase such universal flash drive , which can be directly connected to both PC and Android without any additional "transitions".
Important! The flash drive must be formatted in FAT32. If it is in NTFS format, then the device on the Android OS simply will not see it.
That's all: no connection difficulties USB flash drives You should not have to your device. Ask all additional questions in the comments and we will answer!
To use USB OTG, your Android device, of course, must support it. The easiest way to find out is to look at the instructions or go to the manufacturer's official website. There is another option for the lazy: the free USB OTG Checker application, which can be downloaded from Google play .
Of course, we also need a special cable. Some manufacturers put it in the kit, but not all. Fortunately, it costs and is sold on every corner. If you wish (and the ability to handle a soldering iron), you can even make an OTG cable yourself.
So, we checked the compatibility of the device and got hold of a cable. What can be done with all this farming?
Adam Radosavljevic / shutterstock.com
Agree, this is the first thing that comes to mind to a person with an OTG cable and an Android smartphone. With ordinary flash drives, everything is simple: they work without any problems, but with external hard drives, there is always a lottery, especially portable ones that are powered from a USB port. Large drives with their own power source will work in 99% of cases.
The file system is another thing to look out for. FAT32 is always supported, while problems may arise with NTFS. To properly eject the discs, the StickMount application is useful. True, for his work requires root access.
Christian Bertrand /shutterstock.com
This is the second most popular use of OTG. Most of us have a gaming console at home or just a gamepad for a PC that itching to connect to an Android smartphone or tablet.
The owners of the Xbox 360 are more fortunate: their gamepads work out of the box, without any additional manipulations. PS3 controllers can only be connected to “rooted” devices. With PC joysticks, everything is individual, you need to try. And, of course, do not forget that you must also have the support of gamepads, otherwise you will not be able to play.
Nata-Lia / shutterstock.com
The openness of Android allows you to use the keyboard and mouse as controls. You can easily turn your tablet into a laptop and write articles on it or surf the Internet comfortably. Most keyboards and mice (both wired and wireless) work great with Android devices.
It is more convenient to use the keyboard + mouse sets, which have a common receiver. Otherwise, you will have to look for a working USB hub to simultaneously connect two devices, and this can be a real problem.
leungchopan / shutterstock.com
Like keyboards, printers are plug-and-play peripherals and work with Android devices right after they connect. You can print the document on any, even an old printer without a Wi-Fi module, without using a computer.
Depending on the printer model for printing photos, you will have to switch the device to camera or drive mode. The PrintHand application should also help.
Elsa Hoffmann / shutterstock.com
The idea, seemingly absurd at first glance, is fully justified for those who decide to save money and buy a tablet without a cellular module. It's not easy, but real: having superuser rights and special utility or rather the widget, the “whistle” can be made to work. Not the most trivial task, which, however, is solved with due persistence and some experience.
Pavelk / shutterstock.com
This should please. Using an Android device, you can control the camera using its screen as a viewfinder. This is especially true for phablets and tablets.
To add this functionality you need to download from Google. Play app DSLR Controller. Ideally, you need a Canon camera. Nikon and Sony are also supported, but not all models. Since the application is paid, we recommend clarifying all the details regarding camera support on the developer’s official website.
Do you use OTG on your Android device? If yes, then share your experience: tell in the comments what you connect to them and how well it all works.
Almost everyone who has smartphones, often use them as a full-fledged computer device. One of the possibilities is connecting the drive. The question of how to connect a USB flash drive to the phone, acutely arises when you need to transfer data to the smartphone.
Does the gadget support USB?
Not every phone has the function to support the connection of flash drives. If you do not want to deeply consider the settings and firmware, you should use the Google Play Market app, which is called OTG. Using the application, you can scan the settings and get an alert about the presence / absence of the possibility of connecting USB drives.
How and why to connect a USB-stick to the Android phone?
When you go to a friendly meeting, this requires a musical carrier, most often you need to take a flash drive with you. A similar situation may arise if you need to go on long flights or trips when you want, for example, to watch movies all the way. If the internal memory of the phone is not enough, the problem can be solved by connecting the drive to your phone.
Experts say that connecting USB to a device with an android platform is easy. The main thing is to understand what actions are necessary.
What you need to connect a flash drive?
USB-drive connects to the phone is very simple if there is any of these devices:
- USB OTG cable. Modern gadgets, in particular, Galaxy S7, are already equipped with a cable. It is delivered in a box with charger . Also, it is really available in the service center.
- USB flash drive with OTG connector. Today, some drives are immediately equipped with a special USB-connector. It makes it possible to connect a drive to the phone.
How to connect a flash drive to a smartphone that does not support such features?
What to do when you quickly need to copy any files to your smartphone, if they are available only on a flash drive. The solution is considered available with Root rights, without which you just can not do. When installing them on your phone, you will have to download the StickMount application, which transmits any of the files on the drive to the smartphone.
The function of the application is simple and consists in allowing access to the drive from the smartphone on the OS. After that, the application is launched and permission to obtain Root rights is noted. Then the world of flash drives opens, reflected in file storage signed as USB storage. On appearance It looks like a folder, but in reality it is a full-fledged flash drive. In the absence of rights in the market there are applications that can be purchased.
As you can see, this problem is quite simple, as it may only seem at first glance, it is important to correctly approach its solution. We hope we helped you with this!
USB OTG File Manager for Nexus allows you to open and copy files from any USB storage device from file system FAT32 or NTFS using the USB OTG port. You can copy files to any storage device and manage them: edit file names, add directories and delete files.
You can also manage your files in the internal memory of the device. The application was developed for Nexus devices that have an "OnTheGo" port. But it is also possible to work on any device with OTG USB port and Android 4.0+
- 1. install USB program OTG File Manager.
- 2. Connect the USB flash drive to your device via an OTG cable.
- 3. Allow the application to become the default for opening flash drives.
- 4. click on the CONNECT program and wait for the connection.
- 5. use the program ...
- 6. before exiting the program, press the special off button (see the screen).
- 1. When connected and first run, we allow the application to become the default for opening flash drives.
- 2. FAT32 file system is read and write. With the NTFS file system is read only.
- 3. Supports opening files directly from a USB device.
- 4. The application may offer to supply Simple Music Player for playing music. Set or not - you decide. I did not set.
- 5. The application has an advanced mode (advanced mode) for advanced. If you are not confident in your actions, then use the normal mode (Normal Mode).
- 6. The application does not transmit or receive any data from the Internet, which is good.
Download the application for working with a USB flash drive - USB OTG File Manager for Nexus for Android, you can follow the link below.
Platform: Android 4.0 and up
Interface language: Russian (RUS)
Root: Not needed